Today, six artists and bands were presented with the annual Kraumur music awards for the year 2014. This year’s winners are Óbó, for their album Innhverfi, Pink Street boys for Trash from the Boys, Hekla Magnúsdóttir for Hekla, Börn for their album Börn, Kippi Kanínus for Temperaments and Anna Þorvaldsdóttir for Aerial. Kraumur will actively support the winners by helping to promote their albums within the overseas music industry.
The Kraumur Music Fund was established in 2008. Annually it releases its list of the 20 best Icelandic albums of the year, out of which the Kraumur award winners get selected. The following albums were selected for this year’s Kraumur list:
- AdHd – AdHd 5
- Anna Þorvaldsdóttir – Aerial
- Ben Frost – Aurora
- Börn – Börn
- Grísalappalísa – Rökrétt framhald
- Hekla Magnúsdóttir – Hekla
- Kippi Kaninus – Temperaments
- Low Roar – O
- M-Band – Haust
- Oyama – Coolboy
- Óbó – Innhverfi
- Ólöf Arnalds – Palme
- Pink Street Boys – Trash From the Boys
- Russian Girls – Old Stories 2
- Sindri Eldon – Bitter & Resentful
- Singapore Sling – The Tower of Foronicity
- Skakkamanage – Sounds of Merry Making
- Skúli Sverris, Anthony Burr & Yungchen Lhamo – They Hold it For Certain
- Úlfur Kolka – Borgaraleg óhlýðni
- Þórir Georg – Ræfill
Established in 2008 by the board of Aurora Foundation, Kraumur is an independent fund. Its main goal is to support Icelandic music, particularly new and up-and-coming talents.
The Kraumur list was selected by a committee of ten Icelandic music experts.