Seven exceptional projects receive grants in the first allocation of two from the Aurora Design Fund in 2012. Among them were the designer duo Ostwald Helgason, Eygló and the children’s clothing collection As We Grow.
The former allocation of the year of Aurora Design Fund took place with a ceremony at the fund’s headquarters at Vonarstræti where seven different projects received grants; a total of ISK 10 million.
The projects that received grants were:
- Ostwald Helgason – ISK 2 million to take part in the fashion week in New York.
- Eygló – ISK 1.8 million to continue product development and international marketing.
- The children’s clothes collection As we grow received ISK 1.8 million for international promotion and marketing.
- The product designer Brynjar Sigurðarson and his Húsgögn (E. Furniture) received ISK 1.5 million for further product development.
- Krads architects’ studio Playtime received ISK 1.2 million to further develop a studio for students of architecture in Iceland and abroad, in cooperation with the world famous architect Viny Maas, and Lego etc.
- Valgerður Pétursdóttir received ISK 500,000 for internship at AUGE in Italy.
- DesignMarch received ISK 1.2 million for international promotion and blog. This is a continuation of the cooperation with Iceland Design Centre for developing the DesignMarch festival and international promotion of Icelandic design.